- What's happening
City Year UK
City Year UK
City Year UK challenges young people to tackle educational inequality through a year of full-time voluntary service in schools. It's a year for 18 to 25-year-olds, from all backgrounds, to dedicate their talent to support children growing up in some of the most deprived areas of the country. It’s also a year for our volunteers to realise their own aspirations and grow as leaders, both through the achievements they'll share with pupils and through the invaluable training, coaching and development opportunities they receive during their City Year.
Type of opportunity offered
> Immediate Vacancies
> Graduate Schemes 2016- 2017
|> Public service, charity and social work||> Teaching|
About City Year UK
We train our young people to give one-to-one tailored support to at-risk pupils. The pupils they work with often face emotional and social challenges, and it’s through helping them develop the skills they need to face these challenges, that our corps members are able to make a positive and lasting impact.
How you will support children:
• You’ll help improve pupils’ academic achievement, attendance and behaviour
• You’ll help pupils develop the skills they need to face emotional and social challenges
• You’ll provide one-to-one, tailored support to struggling pupils
• You’ll run after-school clubs and social action projects.
• You’ll organise events, celebrations and projects to bring the school and community together as a whole.
0207 014 2680