Maths Teacher Training Scholarships
Teaching maths in secondary schools is exciting and dynamic. Youngsters need to handle complex day-to-day maths in this new tech-driven world and you can help them. Your excellent subject knowledge (graduating with a 2:1 or higher, or postgraduate qualification) and first class communication skills will inspire passion and confidence in the next generation.
Type of opportunity offered
> Postgraduate study/Professional training
Visa assistance not offered
About Maths Teaching Scholarships
Teaching maths in secondary schools is exciting and dynamic. You can make a real difference at every level – even while completing your PGCE.
Did you know you can also apply for a Maths Teacher Training Scholarship? As a potential Scholar your excellent subject knowledge and first class communication skills will inspire passion and confidence in the next generation.
So what does a Scholarship give you...
Access to superb professional resources with two years free membership of professional bodies
- Membership of a like minded and passionate community of enthusiasts
- Support, inspiration and new ideas
- Recognition of your potential and will boost your confidence
- An improved CV that will set you apart from the crowd
- 22K tax-free bursary during your initial teacher training (ITT) year
- Followed by two later payments of at least £5K (enhanced payments of £7.5K if teaching in specified areas in England) in your 3rd and 5th year of teaching, providing you have taught in a state-funded school in England since completing your ITT.
In order to apply you will need a 1st, 2.1 or post grad degree – or a 2.2 with relevant experience. If these are not in a subject with a strong maths content you will have to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course. If you are interested but unsure about your eligibility come and have a chat!